As per IRCC’s latest guidelines, visitor visa applicants need to submit a new application for priority processing. This is applicable to the applications submitted before September 7, 2021 and for certain category of travelers. However, if you don’t want to travel at this time or you are not among the priority categories, then your application will reman in queue for processing.
Following are the travel reasons for which IRCC recommend to submit a new application:
If you’re travelling:
- to unite with an immediate family member who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada
- to unite with an immediate family member who is in Canada temporarily
- to unite with an extended family member who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada.
- to visit on business (meeting, special event, training)
- to attend an end-of-life ceremony or funeral
- to be present during the final moments of life of a loved one
- to provide care to a critically ill person
- to join a vessel as a marine crew member
- to assume a posting as a diplomat or to travel as an accompanying immediate family member of a diplomat arriving on posting who will also be accredited in Canada
- to handle the affairs of a victim of Ukraine International Airlines Flight PS752
As per IRCC, your previous application will be automatically withdrawn after submitting new one. Furthermore, IRCC clearly said that “there is no guarantee of a refund” and applicants will not receive a letter to confirm the withdrawal of application.