IRCC has a dedicated special online portal for visitor visa applicants. This portal is only for visitor visa applicants who are currently eligible to travel to Canada. As per IRCC, they will contact the applicants within 14 to 30 business days of receiving the complete application.
Who Can Apply For Visitor Visa Through This New Portal?
You can apply via this portal, if your travel is:
- To unite with an immediate family member who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada.
- To unite with an immediate family member who is in Canada temporarily
- To unite with an extended family member who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada.
- To visit on business (meeting, special event, training)
- To attend an end-of-life ceremony or funeral
- To be present during the final moments of life of a loved one
- To provide care to a critically ill person
- To join a vessel as a marine crew member
- To assume a posting as a diplomat or to travel as an accompanying immediate family member of a diplomat arriving on posting who will also be accredited in Canada
- To handle the affairs of a victim of Ukraine International Airlines Flight PS752
3-Steps To Apply:
- Create an online account: As per IRCC’s website, you will need to register using an email. After that you will be given a code to sign up for an account.
- Complete the online form and upload your documents: You will be prompted to answer few questions. A list of documents will be generated after you answer those questions. This will also prompt you to upload the evidence that you’re eligible to travel to Canada at this time.
- Pay with a credit card: You will be asked to pay the processing fee using a credit card or a prepaid card from Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express®, JCB® and UnionPay®.