Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program (PEI PNP) draws are held once a month and invited 1,854 candidates in 12 draws held this year. Lowest number of invitations were sent in the draws of February at 102 and June at 101. On the other hand, highest number of invitations were sent in January at 196 and October at 195. Also, January and October draws were the overall largest, sending 211 and 204 invites for PR respectively.
Invitations were sent under the following 3 major categories with 92% of invites going to Labour Impact and Express Entry category. Rest of the invitations went to Business Work Permit Entrepreneur Stream.
Express Entry Category – PEI PNP:
- Applicants should have a valid Express Entry profile under FSW, FST, or CEC program.
- Candidates need to create a valid Expression of Interest (EOI) profile with the PEI PNP.
- Job offer is not mandatory.
Labour Impact Category – PEI PNP:
- Candidates requires a valid EOI profile with PEI PNP under one of the following streams:
- Critical Worker Stream – Currently working in PEI in a low-skilled position (NOC C or D). Eligible trucking employers can invite people from outside Canada. Meet minimum language requirements equivalent to a CLB 4.
- International Graduate Stream – Graduated from a PEI Post-Secondary Institution and currently working in PEI in a high-skilled position. Sufficient English and/or French language ability to perform the job offered.
- Skilled Worker Stream – Currently have an approved job offer in a high-skilled position (NOC O, A, or B) in PEI. Meet minimum language requirements equivalent to a CLB 4 OR Workforce Job Offer Form indicating employer is comfortable with the employee’s proficiency in English and/or French.
- A valid job offer and support by an employer in PEI is mandatory.
Business Impact Category – PEI PNP:
Business Impact Category is for foreign entrepreneurs who want to start their own business in the PEI. Cut off score for this category was 72 in this draw under Work Permit Stream. Following are the eligibility criteria:
- Minimum verifiable personal net worth of $600,000 which has been accumulated through legal and legitimate sources in your own right;
- Minimum education of secondary school equivalent;
- Be within 21-59 years of age at the time of application;
- Have transferable management skills and past employment or business ownership experience;
- Meet minimum language requirements equivalent to a CLB 4; and
- Intend to live and work in PEI while providing day-to-day active and ongoing management of your PEI-based company.
How To Apply:
For more information on eligibility and how to apply for different immigration programs of the Prince Edward Island, click here