On January 27, 2022 – Ontario PNP Draw invited record 1,032 profiles under skilled trades stream. This draw considered candidates having express entry CRS score between 381-461. With no FSW draw since December 2020 and no CEC draw since September 2021, focus has shifted to PNP (Provincial Nominee Programs), rather than relying solely on Express Entry.
The Skilled Trades draw only considers applicants having at least one year of cumulative paid full-time work experience (or the equivalent in paid part-time work) in Ontario, in a skilled trade that is listed in Minor Group 633 or Major Groups 72, 73 or 82 of the National Occupational Classification (NOC)
Ontario PNP Work Experience Requirement for FST:
This work experience must have been:
- obtained within the last two years from the date of submitting your application to the OINP
- in one or more of the occupations that you identified in your Express Entry profile
- in Ontario while maintaining legal status in Canada
- the work you’ve done must add up to one year, but it does not have to be one year of continuous work
- working in a job with at least 30 hours of paid work in a week that amounts to at least 1,560 hours of paid work in one year (part-time work experience is counted if it adds to at least aforementioned hours within last two years).
**If you are claiming work experience in a compulsory trade, even if you are no longer working in the trade, you must have a valid certificate or licence in Ontario at the time you apply and you must have held a valid certificate or licence that covers the period of work experience that is being used to meet the minimum one year of work experience in an eligible skilled trades occupation.
Residency Obligation and Language Requirement:
You must be living in Ontario and hold a valid work permit at the time you apply.
Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 5 or higher.
You must have enough money to support yourself and your dependent family members when you settle in Canada, which can be met by any of the following:
- funds as demonstrated by the balance listed in bank statements, or statements of accounts showing other investments such as non-locked in, fixed term deposits, mutual funds, etcetera
- annual earnings from ongoing employment in Ontario
- a job offer in Ontario
You must intend to live in Ontario after you’re granted permanent residence.
Cost to apply:
The application fee is $1,500 and covers the cost of processing your application.
How to Apply for Ontario PNP Skilled Trades Stream:
Once you are invited by OINP, must submit your application within 45 calendar days of receiving your NOI from Ontario. It takes about three hours to complete your application and you don’t have to do it all at once. If you received an invitation, click here to submit your application.
Kamal Deep Singh, RCIC (Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant) licensed by CICC (formerly known as ICCRC) with member number R708618. He brings extensive knowledge of immigration law and new changes to rapidly evolving IRCC.