On September 7, 2021; Alberta sent 500 invitations to the express entry profiles having a score of 300 and above. This draw invited highest number of profiles in last two years. Previous highs were in the last two draws in August at 400 and 450 invitations respectively. However, not all the express entry profiles having a CRS score of 300 or above are invited by the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP). Additional factors decide whether you will receive an invitation or not.
In total Alberta invited 4,507 express entry profiles this year.
Alberta Express Entry Eligibility:
You may receive a notification of interest (NOI) if you have
- An active Express Entry profile in the federal Express Entry system.
- Selected Alberta as an intended province of settling in the Express Entry profile.
- Experience in an occupation that supports Alberta’s economic development and diversification
- Have a minimum Comprehensive Ranking System score of 300 in Express Entry.
Additional Factors That Matter:
Being eligible for Alberta express entry stream does not mean that you will definitely get a NOI. Following additional factors play a role in whether you will receive a NOI or not:
- Job offer or work experience from an Albertan employer.
- Graduate of a Canadian post-secondary institution.
- Having a parent, child, brother and/or sister who is a permanent resident living in Alberta, or a Canadian citizen living in Alberta
Factors That Decrease Your Chance For Alberta:
- Your Express Entry profile expires in 5 months or less
- you work in an occupation:
- on the list of High-wage and low-wage occupations in the province of Alberta set out on the online Government of Canada
- on the Alberta Opportunity Stream Ineligible Occupations list
- that has a high volume of submissions across all AINP streams