Natural Resources Canada is hiring now for entry level jobs for various locations across Canada.
Entry level jobs mean positions that require only secondary school diploma or equivalent to enter career with the Canadian Government.
Natural Resources Canada (NRC) is currently accepting resumes for administrative jobs at the AS-01 and AS-02 or equivalent group and levels until May 31, 2023.
The tenure of these roles (term, indeterminate, assignment, secondment, acting, or casual), language requirements, work terms, and geographic locations within Canada are variable.
Furthermore, individuals who are resident of Canada (including work permit holders) as well as Canadian nationals and PRs residing overseas are eligible to apply for these jobs.
Keep in consideration that last date to submit your profile for these jobs is May 31, 2023 at 11:59 PM PST (Pacific Standard Time).
Annual salary for these administrative jobs is up to $65,887 and looking for various language requirements (English Essential or French Essential or English or French Essential or Bilingual)
More Details On These Jobs
Essential Education & Skills Requirement
A certificate or degree from a secondary school, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience.
- Abilities required:
- the capacity to prioritize tasks and manage work to meet deadlines.
- the capacity to confirm the accuracy and completeness of information.
- Effective oral communication skills.
- ability to write clearly and effectively.
- Competencies required:
- Interpersonal effectiveness
Essential Experience Requirement
For all roles, applicants must have knowledge of providing broad administrative support services, including meeting planning, minute taking, data entry, filing, managing reports, processing bills, and editing correspondence.
Furthermore, they will need knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing programs.
However, candidates for AS-02 roles will additionally need to have at least 12 months of experience coordinating with senior management or a team administrative support.
Experiences That Can Help You Actually Get These Jobs
Below listed are asset experiences which are not mandatory to apply, but more suited for these jobs: Experience in
- financial support services.
- human resources services.
- financial systems such as SAP and AMI
- managing schedules and emails for management
- the collection and consolidation of information to produce various reports
- organizing events
- the provision of project support to initiatives or projects
- coordinating travel arrangements or working with HRG or STS Travel System.
- analyzing and coordinating internal or external requests for services
- working with information management programs such as CCM Mercury or GCDocs.
- performing financial related tasks such as budget tracking or forecasting
- SAP data entry and retrieving data from SAP
How To Apply
After confirming that you match the aforementioned conditions, you may submit your application in 4 simple stages listed below;
- You will need to provide your contact details by visiting the link online at https://nrcan-rncan.hiringplatform.ca/account/login?locale=en≈
- Give some background information about yourself, such as your nationality, language skills, qualifications, and ideal place of employment. Holders of work permits must upload a copy of their permits;
- Describe how you satisfy each crucial qualifying need listed above. You’ll need to provide detailed answers to inquiries about your educational history and work experience.
- Upload your resume.
Application process is quite extensive and may take up to 60 minutes to apply.
For more information on this job posting visit https://nrcan-rncan.hiringplatform.ca/account/login?locale=en
What is Natural Resources Canada-NRC?
The Canadian government’s Natural Resources Canada department is in charge of the country’s natural resources, energy, metals and minerals, forestry, earth sciences, mapping, and remote sensing.
The Department of Energy, Mines and Resources and the Department of Forestry were combined to form it in 1994.
Can work permit holders apply for these jobs?
Yes, work permit holders interested in these jobs are eligible to apply, but Preference will be given to veterans, followed by Canadian citizens and permanent residents.