Last Updated On 7 March 2023, 9:07 PM EST (Toronto Time)
On March 7, British Columbia PNP (Provincial Nominee Program) sent 274 invites for permanent residency (PR) under 5 streams in a new draw.
229 invitations were sent under the general draw including Tech occupations with cut off score as mentioned below:
- Skills Immigration (SI) – Skilled Workers with cut off score of 100 – Check your eligibility here
- SI – International Graduate with cut off score of 105 – Check your eligibility here
- SI -Entry Level & Semi-Skilled with cut off score of 85 – Check your eligibility here
- Express Entry British Columbia (EEBC) – Skilled Workers with cut off score of 100; and – Check your eligibility here
- EEBC – International Graduate with cut off score of 105 – Check your eligibility here
The cutoff score reduces by 1 point for Skilled Workers stream under both Skills Immigration and Express Entry categories.
However, score increased by 2 points for international graduate stream under both the categories.
Score remains unchanged for Entry Level & Semi-Skilled streams under British Columbia Skills Immigration.
45 more invitations were issued under the targeted draw for healthcare and early childhood educator occupations as listed below:
|Number of Invitations||Category||Minimum Score||Description|
|26||Skilled Worker, International Graduate (includes EEBC option)|
|Childcare: Early childhood educators and assistants (NOC 42202)|
|19||Skilled Worker, International Graduate, Entry Level and Semi-Skilled (includes EEBC option)|
Targeted draw: Healthcare
Click here for all the latest BC PNP News and Draws.
As per BC PNP, invitations to apply for the Skilled Immigration streams may be targeted based on one or more of the following criteria:
- Education – level and field of education and where it was completed
- Eligible professional designations in B.C.
- Language skills
- Duration and skill level of work experience
- Wage and/or skill level of job offer
- Intent to live, work and settle in a specific region
- Strategic priorities – factors that address specific labour market needs in B.C. or support government pilot projects and initiatives
What is British Columbia PNP or BC Provincial Nominee Program
The BC Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) is an economic immigration program run by the Immigration Programs Branch of the Government of British Columbia.
The program allows the province to choose and nominate foreign employees, international students, and entrepreneurs to assist in meeting the labour market demands, support government initiatives, and build the economy.
If you are nominated, you and your family can apply to the Immigration and Refugee Council of Canada (IRCC) to become permanent residents of Canada.
Click here to check your eligibility for various BC PNP programs.