Effective December 17, 2021 all the visa applicant to Canada will need a biometric instruction letter (BIL) for booking an appointment to visit Visa Application Centers of VFS to give your fingerprint.
This BIL will be issued by IRCC to the applicants seeking Canada visa. Once an applicant has BIL, then they can fill out a webform to request the biometric appointment.
Existing online online appointment system will no longer be available, but all existing appointments booked via the online appointment system will be accepted at the VACs. So all the existing appointment holders don’t need to double book it via new webform system.
Customers Will Require Following Documents On The Day Of Giving Biometric At VACs:
- The Biometric Instruction Letter (BIL) as received from IRCC
- The completed VAC Consent Form
- Copy of the VFS issued appointment confirmation email and/or SMS notification.
- Passport/Travel document
- 1 piece of Government issued Photo ID.
- Applicants in Maharashtra and Pune will need proof of vaccination to enter VAC.
Keep Following Things In Mind About New Biometric Appointment Via Webform:
- Individual appointments should be booked for each family member.
- Appointment letters will be sent from an e-mail id. with domain name @vfshelpline.com.
- Each applicant who requests for an appointment will get a separate e-mail with appointment details.
- You cannot request for earlier appointment dates or re-scheduling or cancellation of appointments.
- Book your appointment using the same name and Date of Birth on your passport or travel document. Otherwise, clients will be turned away if the name and Date of Birth on your appointment letter does not match your passport or travel document.
How to Book Biometric Appointment:
- Click here to request an appointment using BIL.
- You will need to select the VAC and then number of applicants.
- Following this you will have to enter mobile number to receive an OTP
- Once you enter the OTP, then you will be prompted to upload the BIL sent by IRCC.
- BIL needs to be uploaded in the PDF form as received from the IRCC.