Are Fully Vaccinated Travellers Allowed From Whole World After September 7, Including India?
Yes, it’s true all the fully vaccinated travellers from around the world including India are allowed to enter Canada after September 7. This includes tourists and visitors travelling for leisure, if they have a valid visa and are fully vaccinated with Canada approved vaccines.
Are Direct Flights From India and Morocco Allowed?
No, direct flights from India are suspended until September 21 and from Morocco until September 29. However, Indians and Moroccans can travel to Canada via third country. Even fully vaccinated tourists and visitors can travel from both the countries for non-essential purpose, but via third country.
We will post once we have any information on opening of direct flights from India or Morocco.
Are Unvaccinated Tourists or Visitors Allowed For Non-Essential Purpose Including Tourism ?
No, unvaccinated or partially vaccinated travellers are not allowed to enter Canada, if they are travelling for non-essential purpose including tourism. There is no change for unvaccinated or partially vaccinated travellers.
Which Are The Vaccines Approved By Government of Canada ?
Accepted COVID-19 vaccines in Canada
- Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty, tozinameran, BNT162b2)
- Moderna (mRNA-1273)
- AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD (ChAdOx1-S, Vaxzevria, AZD1222)
- Janssen/Johnson & Johnson (Ad26.COV2.S)
Vaccines not currently accepted for fully vaccinated status in Canada:
- Bharat Biotech (Covaxin, BBV152 A, B, C)
- Cansino (Convidecia, Ad5-nCoV)
- Gamalaya (Sputnik V, Gam-Covid-Vac)
- Sinopharm (BBIBP-CorV, Sinopharm-Wuhan)
- Sinovac (CoronaVac, PiCoVacc)
- Vector Institute (EpiVacCorona)
Do You Need To Quarantine, If You Are Fully Vaccinated With Sinopharm or Sinovac or Any Of The Unapproved Vaccines?
If you are vaccinated with vaccines not approved by Canadian government, then you are considered unvaccinated. So, you will have to follow all the requirements and restrictions as those for unvaccinated individuals including quarantine.
Do You Need Pre-Entry Test Prior To Boarding Your Flight, After September 7?
Yes, pre-entry test requirement remains the same after September 7.
Accepted types of tests:
- PCR – Polymerase chain reaction
- RT-PCR – reverse transcription real time PCR
- Quantitative PCR (qPCR)
- Nucleic acid test (NAT) or Nucleic acid amplification test (NAATs)
- Reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP)
- Isothermal amplification
- Droplet digital PCR or digital droplet PCR (ddPCR)
- Transcription-mediated amplification (TMA)
- RNA (Ribonucleic acid)
- Ct (cycle threshold)
- Next generational sequencing (NGS) or whole genome sequencing (WGS)
- Oxford Nanopore sequencing (LamPORE)
- Detection of the N gene
- Detection of Orf1a/b
- Detection of the S gene
- Detection of the E gene
- Detection of the RdRp gene
Do Fully Vaccinated Travellers Need A Quarantine Plan, After September 7?
All the travellers need a quarantine plan, even if they are fully vaccinated. This requirement for fully vaccinated travellers is to ensure, just in case they turn symptomatic or positive in on-arrival testing.
1 Trackback / Pingback
Comments are closed.